Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.office.misc
Webster[_2_] Webster[_2_] is offline

Default Windows Vista and Excel 2000 -- incompatibility?

I use Office '97 (less Outlook) on my Vista Home Premium with no problem.
I have created many spreadsheets with Excel.

BTW, what has Linux got to do with Excel?

"HLS" wrote in message
It was mentioned on here, I believe, some time ago tht Excel 2000 WILL run
correctly
under, given that all traces of newer approval Office software are
removed. I also seem
to remember that removing this "approval" software is not always an easy
task.

If I am wrong, surely someone will correct me ;)

My solution is to go back to my old machine and run XP or 2000 version of
Windows.
I run Linux on my laptop, and am very happy with it.

My wife can have this Vista desktop for email. It should be good enough
for that.