Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Automatically populating fields in excel

VLOOKUP function could be what you need.

You need a lookup range of at least two columns and a cell for "what" to
lookup.

Visit Debra Dalgleish's site for info on VLOOKUP function to pull data based
on value. Note the downloadable sample workbooks.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlFunctions02.html

Also see Debra's site for info on Data Validation selection lists for
inputting Agent ID number..

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 1 Aug 2008 12:51:01 -0700, TS wrote:

I have worksheet that has certain information about our manufacturing
operation. I have another worksheet where I would like to extract certain
data from the first worksheet based on entering one key piece of data from
the first worksheet into the second. The first worksheet contains a list of
molds by ID number, and the critical dimensions of these molds. In my
production schedule, I would like to input the mold ID number and have
certain critical dimensions be automatically populated.