Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Emily Emily is offline

Default How to check previous cells for same data and return Y/N

Hi everyone,

I posted a similar question the other day and it was answered, but now my
formula is getting more complicated and no amount of playing around with it
is giving me what I want.

Column E, Column L, and Column S contain a list of text data, which happens
to be numbers (e.g. 1172, 4721, 6743, etc.). Every time I enter a new number
in the columns, I would like another column in the same row to check the
previous entries in all three columns AND the same row and report whether the
exact same number has been entered before (if true="yes", if false="no").

Can anyone give me a hand?
Thanks again.