Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
John C[_2_] John C[_2_] is offline

Default paste wrap

You could select your entire sheet, go to your menu Format|Row|Height, and
press OK. (Note: This is assuming you have changed no row heights and is
still at your default row height, i.e.: 12.75). This will 'make' the row
heights all the same, and prevent wrapping while pasting.
--
John C

"makulski" wrote:

I've read several threads on this topic, but they didn't help.

Situation: When I paste a selection from MSAccess into MSExcel, the result
always is a wrap (which is a rather extreme wrap when the Access field is
wide and the Excel column width is default).

My default in Excel is set to "no wrap".
After reading the threads, I discovered that if I use paste special, I can
say "text" and it won't bring in the formats (which for some reason seems to
include text wrapping, even though MSAccess doesn't even have that as a
visible option.)

But, I'm an old-style cut and paster ( ctrl+c ctrl+v )
Paste special involves a lot of mousing.

Is there any way to make the default paste use the default wrap setting?