Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rebeca Rebeca is offline

Default How to insert rows after each row of data (15,452 rows)?

Thank you so much. It did work. I was able to add a row after each row of
data. It takes a little bit long (maybe 2 to 3 minutes), but it worked!

I also wanted to share with you that I was also able to add the rows by
doing the following:

I went to this website http://www.asap-utilities.com/downlo...-utilities.php and downloaded the latest version of ASAP Utilities.

I opened my excel spreadsheet (if your spreadsheet/workbook was open while you were installing the ASAP Utilities, you might need to close it and reopen it in order to see the ASAP Utilities on your the menu bar)

ASAP UtilitiesColumns & Rows6. Insert in-between empty rows or columns

Highlight or type in the range

Insert rows

Click on start

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

First.............do you really need the inserted rows?

Perhaps just increasing row heights to double-height would suffice?

If not.................................

With a copy of your workbook open.

Alt + F11 to open Visual Basic Editor.

CTRL + r to open Project Explorer.

Right-click on your workbook/project and InsertModule

Copy/paste the macro code into that module.

Alt + q to return to Excel window.

ToolsMacroMacros. Select the macro and "Run"

If you have done it correctly, a row will be inserted between each of your
15,452 rows.

If you like it.......save as the original filename.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 13:59:00 -0700, Rebeca
wrote:

I need a spreadsheet with a blank row between each row of data. There are
15,452 rows of data. I saw your answer below, but don't understand how or
what program I need? Can you please help?

"Toppers" wrote:

Sub InsertBlankRow()
For r = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row To 2 Step -1
Rows(r).Insert Shift:=xlDown
Next r
end sub

"Jess" wrote:

I need a spreadsheet with a blank row between each row of data. There are
800 rows of data. Is there an easy way to accomplish this?