Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
John C[_2_] John C[_2_] is offline

Default golf scoring

=IF(HDCP18,IF(SI<=HDCP-18,2,1),IF(SI<=HDCP,1,0))

Hope this formula helps!
--
John C

"raynerman" wrote:

I have a scoring spreadsheet for tracking a golf competition. In it, players
have a handicap (1-28) and each hole has a stroke index (1-18) which
signifies how easy each hole is (1 hard, 18 easy).

I am trying to work out a formula that assigns the right number of shots
each player based on the handicap and stroke index.

For example, if I have a handicap of 21, I will get 1 shot on all 18 holes,
and extra shot on the three hardest holes (those with SI of 1 to 3).

So the formula is to return a value of 0, 1 or 2.

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!

Nigel