Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom[_2_] Peo Sjoblom[_2_] is offline

Default Rounding up or down to the nearest $.09

=IF(A1=0,0,ROUND(A1+0.01,1)-0.01)

although I always thought retailers rounded UP?

=IF(A1=0,0,CEILING(A1,0.1)-0.01)

Peo Sjoblom

"Sandy G." wrote in message
I am new to the retail biz, and have encountered a challenge that I have
been
unable to write the correct formula for, which is: How do you get a
currency
value to round up or down to the nearest $.09? This is a pricing strategy
that we employ, and given the volume of items that our store carries, it
would be a great time saver to automate this pricing strategy. Any
assistance from the Excel gurus would be much appreciated!
--
Sandy G.
Finance Manager