Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paul Paul is offline

Default Regular expression search/replace in Excel

On Jul 29, 11:50*pm, Ron Rosenfeld wrote:
On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 12:50:46 -0700 (PDT), Paul wrote:
Tom,

Thanks for the code snippet. *I wasn't clear in my OP, but I was
seeking a non-VBA method of search-and-replace with regular
expressions. *But from the lack of responses in that vein, I'm
assuming that there isn't such a solution.

Microsoft Excel does not support regular expressions.

VBA supports the Javascript flavor.

Longre has written a free add-in: *morefunc.xll which as regular expression
functions which support the PCRE flavor. *Apparently because it is an .xll, it
will not work with strings 255 characters, though. *You can find it hehttp://xcell05.free.fr/english/index.html

Thank you, Ron. Unfortunately, I have to use functionality within
Excel.