Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paul Paul is offline

Default Regular expression search/replace in Excel

Yes, that is what I meant in my first paragraph. RD's solution help
if I want to manually go through and find these cells myself.

On Jul 29, 11:24*pm, "RagDyer" wrote:
In re-reading your OP, are you looking to ... say ...
add that "P.O. #" text to *only certain* cells that might contain a specific
text string?

If you're still looking for help in that vein, post back with some
specifics.

RD

---------------------------------------------------------------------------"Paul" wrote in message

On Jul 27, 4:19 pm, "Ragdyer" wrote:
Is this something you're looking for:

Text in A2 to An.

To insert the text:
P.O. #
at the beginning of each cell.

In A1 enter:
P.O. #

Enter this formula anywhe

=A$1&" "&A2
And copy down as needed.

--
HTH,

RD

RD, that does indeed help, and fits the bill of my currently limited
Microsoft experience. *Thank you!

wrote in message

Tom,

Thanks for the code snippet. *I wasn't clear in my OP, but I was
seeking a non-VBA method of search-and-replace with regular
expressions. *But from the lack of responses in that vein, I'm
assuming that there isn't such a solution.

On Jul 24, 2:47 pm, TomPl wrote:
This formula might work in your situation. *B5 being the cell to
analyse,
"There" being the text you are looking for and "Hello" as the text to
prepend.

Find is case sensative.

=IF(ISERR(FIND("There",B5)),B5,"Hello " & B5)

Tom

"Paul" wrote:
Without delving into VBA (I have limited experience, and now is not
the time to learn), and without installing augmentation software,
is
it possible to search for all text matching a search pattern, then
prepend each occurance with given sequence of characters?

If not, is it possible to simply prepend a given sequence of
characters the string in each cell of a selected region?

Thanks.- Hide quoted text -