Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
E[_2_] E[_2_] is offline

Default Formula using worksheet names

I have several sheets, called say Code 1, Code 2 . . . Code 10, each with a
table culminating in a total budget figure, which is in the same cell on each
sheet, say B24. On a separate sheet I have a table with one row per code, and
I want to show each code's budget figure next to the code numer, ie, Code 1:
£10000, Code 2: £5444 etc.
A way to do this is for each code to say ='Code x'!B24, where x is the code
number. This involves me typing this in or clicking to link for each code,
which is tedious for up to 100 codes. I want to write a formula on the lines
of ='Code "A5"'!B24 where A5 is the code number, ie, "look at cell B24 in the
sheet denoted by the code on this row".
I'm sorry, this isn't very easy to explain.