Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sum Time.

I'm surprised that you get a display of 0:00 in a cell formatted as general.
I would have expected it to change to 0.

What do you get when you temporarily format your original 1:10 to General or
Number? It should show something like 0.048611.
--
David Biddulph

"GEM" wrote in message
Still 0:00

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

What do you get if you format the cell as general as opposed to time?

Peo Sjoblom

"GEM" wrote in message
I just get 0:00

"JBoyer" wrote:

You should just be able to simple add them together A1+A2. Make sure
they
have a hh:mm or mm:ss format or something like that whatever you are
using.

"GEM" wrote:

If I enter in A1 "1:10" and on A2 "1:20" and try to sum those two
together,
it won't give me an answer. How can I format the cells so that A3
can
give me
the answer 2:30.