Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Mwithc3 Mwithc3 is offline

Default Pivot Tables

I am having trouble getting a pivot table to actually work. I have a
workbook divided into several worksheets. Each worksheet is a Bill of
Materials for a module. Each module, while being different is also made up
of some common parts. I want to summarize the bills of material into a
summary sheet that can give me totals of all parts required for an entire
project.

Each worksheet is set up exactly the same, and the columns are named fields
across the whole workbook. The fields are also formatted as text, currency,
etc.

When I start the pivot table wizard, it skips steps and creates a table that
I cannot do anything with. It also does not populate the field boxes with
the labels - they are just empty. I am wondering if this area of excel is
just corrupted in my installation.

Could really use some help. I checked out the link in another thread to
DataPig. Good info, but the wizard isn't even working right so I can't even
go that far.