Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Mike Middleton Mike Middleton is offline

Default Getting Trend Line Info from Chart

Carrie -

For formulas, see John Walkenbach's summary:

His formulas for the Power trendline use the array-entered LINEST function,
but you could use the standard SLOPE and INTERCEPT functions, instead.

For the Power trendline, Excel transforms both the Y and X values before
using a linear fit, so the RSQ results are for fitted Log(Y).

- Mike Middleton
http://www.DecisionToolworks.com
Decision Analysis Add-ins for Excel

"Carrie_Loos via OfficeKB.com" <u34134@uwe wrote in message
Hi -

I am creating a manpower report and updating learning curve charts for a
decision making tool through VBA. The issue I am having is the trend line
(Power) in the charts gives me the output I need but I cannot figure out
how
to pull the values I want into the spreadsheet. I have tried a couple of
functions but have come up empty handed. The RSQ function is not
multilinear.
Does anyone know the formula for a power trend line? For example out of
100
samples I get the following info:

y = 1.5326x0.0657
R2 = 0.5744

Thank you in advance for any asssistance.
Carrie