Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Emily Emily is offline

Default How to check previous entries in column for same contents

Hi everyone,

Column B contains a list of text data, which happens to be numbers (e.g.
1172, 4721, 6743, etc.). Every time I enter a new number in the column, I
would like another column in the same row to check the previous entries in
column B and report whether the exact same number has been entered before (if
true="yes", if false="no").

It seems simple, and reading previous posts on similar subjects has left me
totally confused. I tried an IF function but didn't get very far.

-Grateful newbie