Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
robzrob robzrob is offline

Default Picking up data from workbooks which may not exist yet

Hello

I've got a series of exisiting workbooks: Rota2008.07.21.xls,
Rota2008.07.28 and there are some which WILL exist: Rota2008.08.04,
Rota2008.08.11, etc. As is probably apparent, they're rotas named
according to the week-commencing date. I want to pull in data from
these workbooks on to a worksheet in another workbook which will show
2 of them, headed: 'Rota Current Week' and 'Rota Next Week'. So I
know I'm going to have to have a cell somewhere saying 'If today is =
Rotayyyy.mm.dd but less than Rotayyyy.mm.dd+6, get the data from that
workbook and use it for 'Current Rota' and another similar one for
'Rota Next Week', but how do I refer and how do I get the data from
the individual cells to come across? The individual Rotayyyy.mm.dd
workbooks will always be closed.