Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default match values in two column and return value in

Is the item you're looking for always the 1st item of that group? That's how
it looks in your posted sample. If that's the case try this:

=INDEX(G2:G10,MATCH("TBD 1",A2:A10,0))

Another possibility:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A10="TBD 1"),--(B2:B10=""),G2:G10)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"PW" wrote in message
I want to look in two columns. I want to look in the first column for a
cell
that matches the data in another cell. And with that value, I want to
find a
blank value in the second column. Once it finds the row with this value,
want to return the value in column G of this row. Example:

Col A Col B Col G
TBD 1 20000
TBD 1 X (This is where I want to look for the
value TBD 1
in column A and blank in Col B, so
it returns
the value 20000 from column G)