Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Entering large numbers into Excel

Hi,

You can't.

There is a limit of 15 digits precision in Excel (you can use more
digits if you treat the values as text). This is a direct consequence
of the way Excel stores numbers in binary format; as defined by IEEE,
and in common with many other applications.

Mike

"bl" wrote:

I am trying to enter this number(110727309194833644) into a cell but Excel
changes the number once I press the Tab key and makes it this
number(1.0727E+17), I need to have the above number in the cell not this
other number. How can I make Excel put the above number in the cell and not
automatically change it?
--
bl