Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Cascading Drop-Down Lists

We can all thank Debra for having such an awesome website!

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Mossykel" wrote in message
Worked wonderfully! Thanks a million!
--
KM

"T. Valko" wrote:

See this:

http://contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Mossykel" wrote in message
I am trying to do cascading drop-down lists in excel so that when I
select
my
choice from my first list, only information pertaining to that choice
shows
up in the second drop down list. Example: selecting a type of wood
for a
floor in a first drop-down list one expects only the colors available
for
the
type of wood selected to show in the second drop-down list not all the
colors
of all the types of wood.

The problem I am having is that I have more than 8 primary and
secondary
lists and am not able to do my =if() function in the 'source' area of
the
data/validation. I've read about using index/match formulas or by
using a
UDF but am unsure as how to do either of these... a little help?

--
KM