Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default conversions in excel 2003, and the microsoft calculator

Have a look at the Excel help for the CONVERT function.
If you are getting answers that you think are wrong from the Microsoft
calculator, tell us what you were trying to convert, what answer you got,
and what answer you expected, and then we can check for you.
Bear in mind that in any calculation, you may be limited by the precision of
the machine. Excel works to only 15 significant figures.
--
David Biddulph

"patiencescientist" wrote in
message ...
Can I do conversions in excel 2003? Is the microsoft calculator precise,
think it is giving me generally accurate but not precise answer? How do I
fix it ?
Thank you for any help.