Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Umlas[_2_] Bob Umlas[_2_] is offline

Default Formula needed for adding every nth column on another sheet

Sheet1!A1:
=SUM(OFFSET(Sheet2!$A$1,0,(COLUMN()-1)*3,20,1)) and fill right

Bob Umlas
Excel MVP
"JJ" wrote in message
Hi

I have tried everything I can think of but with no luck - can somebody
please help.

On sheet 2 I have all the data in columns from rows 1-20.

On sheet 1 I want the total of the sums of every 3rd column.

ie. Sheet 1: A1 = sum Sheet 2: A1:A20
Sheet 1: B1 = sum Sheet 2: D1:D20
Sheet 1: C1 = sum Sheet 2: G1:G20 and so on...

Instead of manually entering all the formulas on Sheet 1 for the sum
totals
of every 3rd column, is there a formula I can enter in A1 on Sheet 1 and
copy
across the row?

Thanks for any help!!