Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default Regular expression search/replace in Excel

On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 12:50:46 -0700 (PDT), Paul wrote:

Tom,

Thanks for the code snippet. I wasn't clear in my OP, but I was
seeking a non-VBA method of search-and-replace with regular
expressions. But from the lack of responses in that vein, I'm
assuming that there isn't such a solution.

Microsoft Excel does not support regular expressions.

VBA supports the Javascript flavor.

Longre has written a free add-in: morefunc.xll which as regular expression
functions which support the PCRE flavor. Apparently because it is an .xll, it
will not work with strings 255 characters, though. You can find it he
http://xcell05.free.fr/english/index.html

--ron