Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default Regular expression search/replace in Excel

In re-reading your OP, are you looking to ... say ...
add that "P.O. #" text to *only certain* cells that might contain a specific
text string?

If you're still looking for help in that vein, post back with some
specifics.

RD

"Paul" wrote in message
On Jul 27, 4:19 pm, "Ragdyer" wrote:
Is this something you're looking for:

Text in A2 to An.

To insert the text:
P.O. #
at the beginning of each cell.

In A1 enter:
P.O. #

Enter this formula anywhe

=A$1&" "&A2
And copy down as needed.

--
HTH,

RD

RD, that does indeed help, and fits the bill of my currently limited
Microsoft experience. Thank you!

wrote in message

Tom,

Thanks for the code snippet. I wasn't clear in my OP, but I was
seeking a non-VBA method of search-and-replace with regular
expressions. But from the lack of responses in that vein, I'm
assuming that there isn't such a solution.

On Jul 24, 2:47 pm, TomPl wrote:
This formula might work in your situation. B5 being the cell to

analyse,
"There" being the text you are looking for and "Hello" as the text to

prepend.

Find is case sensative.

=IF(ISERR(FIND("There",B5)),B5,"Hello " & B5)

Tom

"Paul" wrote:
Without delving into VBA (I have limited experience, and now is not
the time to learn), and without installing augmentation software,
is
it possible to search for all text matching a search pattern, then
prepend each occurance with given sequence of characters?

If not, is it possible to simply prepend a given sequence of
characters the string in each cell of a selected region?

Thanks.