Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default index(match) Wind Uplift Calculations (match four conditions)

J,

Perhaps,

=SUMPRODUCT((RA=RoofAngle)*(RZ=RoofZone)*(EWA=Effe ctiveWindArea)*(WS=WindSpeed)*UL)

Where

RA,RZ, EWA, WS, UL are the ranges in your table (of the same size), and
RoofAngle, RoofZone, EffectiveWindArea, WindSpeed are your values
As long as you have exact values that match the values in the table.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"JMeier" wrote in message
INDEX/MATCH works good on tables with two or three arguments but I haven't
been able to figure out how to use it with four arguments

Criteria
Roof Angle Roof Zone Wind Area (Sf)Wind Speed Wind Uplift
7 1 10 120 ?
7 2 10 120 ?
7 3 10 120 ?

Net Design Wind Pressure, Pnet30 (psf) (Exposure B at h = 30 ft. with I =
1.0 and Kzt = 1.0)
Basic Wind Speed V (mph)
ID Roof Angle Roof Zone Wind Area 85 90 100
1 7 1 10 -13.0 -14.6 -18.0
2 7 1 20 -12.7 -14.2 -17.5
3 7 1 50 -12.2 -13.7 -16.9
4 7 1 100 -11.9 -13.3 -16.5
5 7 2 10 -21.8 -24.4 -30.2
6 7 2 20 -19.5 -21.8 -27.0
7 7 2 50 -16.4 -18.4 -22.7
8 7 2 100 -14.1 -15.8 -19.5
9 7 3 10 -32.8 -36.8 -45.4

I can get the Roof Angle, Roof Zone, Effective Wind Area, and Wind speed
from other work sheets. I get the "Too Many Arguments" message when trying
get the negative uplift numbers.