Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
steven steven is offline

Default Cannot save formatting

Sounds to me like your file is too big. Try splitting it into two roughly
equally sized files and I bet your problem disappears.

"nb" wrote:

It's most peculiar - until today for months the files were being saved as
Excel 2003 and all formatting was being maintained fine. Then suddenly for no
apparent reason, saving as normal (Ctrl-S) and the formatting has
disappeared. Tried reformatting and the formatting will not stay, the files
will not maintain any type of formats .....

"scuba" wrote:

Check to make sure you're saving it as an excel file and not a text document
or comma delimited document.