Fredrik Wahlgren

"Phillip" wrote in message
On my companies host system we store dates with only two digit years and

we
use pivot dates to interpret correctly. When I create an extract of these
dates and import into excel they are not interpreted as the correct

century.
I have already changed the regional settings to accomodate this and when I
just key a date into excel cell such as 12/1/30 it comes back correctly as
12/1/2030. However, the same date in my import will come out as 12/1/1930.

think it has something to do with the import but I am not sure what.

Thanks for any suggestions.
--
PCastle

If my previous reply doesn't help, try this formula

=DATE(IF(YEAR(E17) < 1999,YEAR(E17)+100,YEAR(E17)),MONTH(E17),DAY(E17))

Adjust the cell reference and do a copy followed by Paste Special|Values to
insert corrected dates. Make sure the cells are formatted as Date, otherwise
you will get 47818

/Fredrik