Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Trying Again

Ah, now I see Don's reply. It's in a different thread started by Lin242.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"T. Valko" wrote in message
Yeah, I'm using Outlook Express to access these ngs.

I don't see Don's reply listed in OE or in CDO (the web based interface to
the ngs) in the original thread: Constant Multiplier.

I noticed this problem a few days ago. There seems to be no noticable
pattern as to which messages are not showing up.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Jacinthe" wrote in message
Don's reply was to the OP's first post, not this follow-up. Although I
am
using (sadly) the browser-based viewer, it appears to be about 20 posts
behind this one.

"T. Valko" wrote:

In the original post, Don gave you what appears to be the best solution

Hmmm...

I don't see Don's reply (using OE).

I've noticed there have been some problems (for how long???) with the
ngs
and messages not apperaing. I can see some in OE but not in CDO and vice
versa.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Jacinthe" wrote in message
Linda -

In the original post, Don gave you what appears to be the best
solution
for
your problem. I'll repost and explain it:

Right click sheet tabview codeinsert thischange columns I to suit.

If Intersect(Target, Columns("I")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
Application.EnableEvents = False
If IsNumeric(Target) Then Target = Target * 1.02
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub
Sub fixincase()
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

If you right click the sheet tab (at the bottom of the spreadsheet -
will
say "Sheet 1", "Sheet 2", etc. and select "View Code", you will get
the
VBA
Code for your spreadsheet. Which is likely to be empty.

Copy the code he wrote, which starts with "Private Sub Worksheet" and
ends
with "End Sub". If you copy my cut-n-paste, remove the doohickeys.
In
the
second line of code, where he has: "If Intersect(Target, Columns("I"))
Is
Nothing Then Exit Sub", change the letter "I" to whatever letter the
column
is that you want to multiply by 1.02 ... don't forget to leave the
quotation
marks. They are important.

When you're done, just X out of the VBA editor and your spreadsheet
should
be ready to go.

Hope this is clearer than mud. :)
-L

"Lin242" wrote:

I am new to this forum so bear with me! This is what I'm trying to
achieve.
I did get one answer on my original question, but I did not
understand
the
response in any way, so I have to try again.

I am working on an Excel 2003 spreadsheet. The spreadsheet is
already
filled in with various dollar amounts (i.e. $5620) and so forth.
What I
need
to do is multiply each one of those cell amounts by 2% so that it is
ADDED to
the existing amount within that cell, and so that other numbers as
they
are
inputted will generate the additional 2% automatically.

I hope this is clearer. Cheers and thank you! Linda
--
Lin242