Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tech1NJ tech1NJ is offline

Default How to use the IF function to resolved more than one creteria

I want to use the IF function to auto-populate a 4th cell (A4 , worksheet 1)
by using several Define Names (PARTNUM,PRICE, and SPECIAL) AND based on a YES
or NO selection from B2 on worksheet 2.

1) If cell A1 on worksheet 1 is not blank (I currently have A4, worksheet 1
program as follows =IF (A1<"", LOOKUP(A1,PARTNUM,PRICE),"")
2) If cel B2 on worksheet 2 is <"No" (I currently have A4, worksheet 1
program as follows =IF (A1<"", LOOKUP(A1,PARTNUM,SPECIAL).

These 2 functions are working together, however, I have the problem that if
A1, worksheet 1 is blank then A4, worksheet 1 returns a "N/A". I need to use
the 2 logics above in addition to gettting rid of "N/A" when A1 is blank. I
have tried nesting the 2 logics above in addition to adding the "" at the end
of the logic but no luck. HELP please.

Your help is greatly appreciated it in advance
--
tech1NJ