Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Lin242 Lin242 is offline

Default Trying Again

I really appreciate your time, but even putting 1.02 in an empty box and
following the instructions you gave simply gives the actual percentage
amount, it doesn't ADD it to the existing numbers which is what I really want
to do.

I will try your way tomorrow Jacinthe, I am not a regular Excel user, so the
original instructions from Don made no sense to me. I'll see if yours are a
bit clearer. It's frustrating because it appears like it should be so simple
and it isn't. :)
--
Lin242

"Jacinthe" wrote:

Possibly the simplest solution. Except that OP specified that she wants all
future entries to do this automatically. This solution would only fix
current entries.

"Mike H" wrote:

Lyn,

Put 1.02 in a cell and copy it. Select your range then

Edit|Paste Special
Select Multiply
Click OK

Mike