Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Autopopulate row number in A2 IF data is entered in B2.

If you have a formula that returns 3 and you want 2, and similarly in other
rows you wish to return a value reduced by 1, then perhaps subtracting 1
would be a useful extra feature to include in your formula?
--
David Biddulph

"Cassie" wrote in message
Thanks. This works except for one thing. When I copied this into row 3
(which is actualy the 2nd row of data) it entered the row number as 3.
How
can I do this but have it show 2 instead of 3?
--
Cassie

"RagDyeR" wrote:

Your formula attempt *doesn't* match your description and subject line.

Try this in A2, and copy down as needed:

=If(B2<"",Row(),"")

--

HTH,

RD

"Cassie" wrote in message
How can I autopululate a row number in a cell A* ONLY if there is data is
entered in B*? I tried an =IF(b2= " ",then "2") in the cell I want the
number to appear and that did not work.
--
Cassie