Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Creating an "F" Statement

Yes, that's text, hence your problem. If it were a formula, the sheet name
would have had single quote marks around it. You can only omit the quote
marks if the sheet name has no spaces in it. The easiest way to insert such
a reference into a formula is to start typing the formula with the =IF( ,
and then go to the sheet concerned and click on the cell concerned to get
Excel to insert that cell's reference in your formula.

When you had hit enter to reconfirm your "formula", I would have expected it
to go to the "Update Values" dialogue, looking for the workbook from which
the link came.
--
David Biddulph

"Sher" wrote in message
Here is the formula:

Spend Plan A3: =IF(AD HOC ALL!A3="","", AD HOC ALL!A3)

"Max" wrote:

Copy your actual formula used (copy from inside the formula bar),
then paste it here in your reply
--
Max
Singapore
"Sher" wrote in message
Yes, I did enter to re-confirm the formula and nothing has changed.