Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Trying Again

Lyn,

Put 1.02 in a cell and copy it. Select your range then

Edit|Paste Special
Select Multiply
Click OK

Mike

"Lin242" wrote:

I am new to this forum so bear with me! This is what I'm trying to achieve.
I did get one answer on my original question, but I did not understand the
response in any way, so I have to try again.

I am working on an Excel 2003 spreadsheet. The spreadsheet is already
filled in with various dollar amounts (i.e. $5620) and so forth. What I need
to do is multiply each one of those cell amounts by 2% so that it is ADDED to
the existing amount within that cell, and so that other numbers as they are
inputted will generate the additional 2% automatically.

I hope this is clearer. Cheers and thank you! Linda
--
Lin242