Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jacinthe Jacinthe is offline

Default Trying Again

Linda -

In the original post, Don gave you what appears to be the best solution for
your problem. I'll repost and explain it:

Right click sheet tabview codeinsert thischange columns I to suit.

If Intersect(Target, Columns("I")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
Application.EnableEvents = False
If IsNumeric(Target) Then Target = Target * 1.02
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub
Sub fixincase()
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

If you right click the sheet tab (at the bottom of the spreadsheet - will
say "Sheet 1", "Sheet 2", etc. and select "View Code", you will get the VBA
Code for your spreadsheet. Which is likely to be empty.

Copy the code he wrote, which starts with "Private Sub Worksheet" and ends
with "End Sub". If you copy my cut-n-paste, remove the doohickeys. In the
second line of code, where he has: "If Intersect(Target, Columns("I")) Is
Nothing Then Exit Sub", change the letter "I" to whatever letter the column
is that you want to multiply by 1.02 ... don't forget to leave the quotation
marks. They are important.

When you're done, just X out of the VBA editor and your spreadsheet should
be ready to go.

Hope this is clearer than mud. :)
-L

"Lin242" wrote:

I am new to this forum so bear with me! This is what I'm trying to achieve.
I did get one answer on my original question, but I did not understand the
response in any way, so I have to try again.

I am working on an Excel 2003 spreadsheet. The spreadsheet is already
filled in with various dollar amounts (i.e. $5620) and so forth. What I need
to do is multiply each one of those cell amounts by 2% so that it is ADDED to
the existing amount within that cell, and so that other numbers as they are
inputted will generate the additional 2% automatically.

I hope this is clearer. Cheers and thank you! Linda
--
Lin242