Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Creating an "F" Statement

But what about my later message:
"In which case, try Tools/ Options/ View: uncheck Formulas.
Or Control ` (perhaps the key to the left of 1) to toggle this function."

If that didn't work, you need to respond to Max's last message:
"Copy your actual formula used (copy from inside the formula bar), then
paste it here in your reply"

Also, check that you haven't got spare spaces (or other non-printing
characters) in what you think is a formula but which Excel is presumably
treating as text.
--
David Biddulph

"Sher" wrote in message
David -

I tried what you said also and it still didn't work

"David Biddulph" wrote:

Perhaps you had the cell format set to Text? Format the cell as General
&
re-enter the formula.
--
David Biddulph

"Sher" wrote in message
Hello Max -

I typed in the "IF" Statement but for some reason the statement just
showed
up on both sheets; so instead of making it blank it just place the
statement
there.

"Max" wrote:

Use something like this in say, Sheet1's A2:
=IF(Sheet2!B2="","",Sheet2!B2)
--
Max
Singapore
"Sher" wrote:
Hello -

I need to create an "F" Statement that on one sheet I have spend
plan
and on
the another sheet I have an ad hoc sheet. I would like a statement
that
states if a field is blank on ad hoc than it is blank on spend plan.
Right
now when I delete a field on the ad hoc it puts Jan 1900 on the
spend
plan
field.

Any help would be appreciated.