Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Lin242 Lin242 is offline

Default constant multiplier

I am trying to do this same thing, but what I get is the actual dollar figure
of the percentage itself, it's not ADDING to each individual cell where my
totals are located (in dollar amounts). I don't need them added by column or
row, simply that each dollar amount within the cells is multiplied by 2% and
a formula that will continue that as new amounts are entered.
--
Lin242

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try this...

Enter your multiplier in a cell
Copy that cell: EditCopy
Select the range of cells you want multiplied
Then: EditPaste SpecialMultiplyOK
Delete the multiplier

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"hugoalegria" wrote in message

halegria
I have a spread sheet with multiple columns that need to be multiplied by
constant number, is there a format or a formula that will allow me to drag
or
do it all in one fell swoop as opposed to multiplying each cell?