Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Arlen Arlen is offline

Default How to change sheet names via formula

Hello Everyone!

I have 5 sheets with different city names. On another sheet, called
Compare, the user selects the city, which populates B2.

In yet another sheet, I started with the formula =Compare!B2, which
successfully returned the selected city. However, I don't want the city
name, I only want it as a preface to switch to the appropriate sheet before
grabbing the data.

So I tried =(Compare!B2)!I2, I was hoping that the parentheses would switch
to the sheet that matched the city in B2 and return the value in I2, but no.

Does anyone know how to use a sheet name in a formula?

Thank you for your time.

Arlen