Sybil227

Well....that is helpful. But it would mean re-doing the 50+ that are already
set up. So I take it there's no way to just insert a row and have Excel
recognize that row as part of the source data the way it's currently set up?

"John Mansfield" wrote:

One solution is to use dynamic formulas to define the chart range. The
formulas will also automatically update the chart. The process is described
he

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"Sybil227" wrote:

I have a chart that refers to a certain range (for the sake of arguement,
let's say "A1:C5") for its source data.

I now want to insert more data. Say before row 2. So I do a row insert,
then add my data. So now the range the chart SHOULD look at is A1:C6. But
it doesn't. Now it looks like "A1:C1;A3:C6".

Is there a way to have a chart automatically include the inserted row?

The real-world problem I'm working on has LOTS of charts already made.
Their source data is a direct references to cells on another sheet. I need
to update all of these charts with more data. I'm hoping there's some way I
can just insert a row and have it included in the chart.

Please help!

Thanks!