Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paul Paul is offline

Default Regular expression search/replace in Excel

Wigi,

I appreciate the tip. I was hoping that there was a way to do it
without delving in to VBA (and I wasn't clear about that in my OP, now
that I review it). From the responses so far, I assume that it is not
possible.

On Jul 24, 2:37 pm, Wigi wrote:
You could make a loop through these cells, and use Like to test whether the
cells match some kind of pattern. See in the helpfiles for the wildcards you
can use.

--
Wigihttp://www.wimgielis.be= Excel/VBA, soccer and music

"Paul" wrote:
Without delving into VBA (I have limited experience, and now is not
the time to learn), and without installing augmentation software, is
it possible to search for all text matching a search pattern, then
prepend each occurance with given sequence of characters?

If not, is it possible to simply prepend a given sequence of
characters the string in each cell of a selected region?

Thanks.