Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
smartin smartin is offline

Default TABBING BETWEEN PARTICULAR CELLS

adrian19622007 wrote:
I have a spreadsheet that requires someone to input data into certain cells
within the sheet. How can I set up the sheet so that when I hit the TAB key
it automatically move the cursor to a cell that requires user input of
information only?
I know this can be done. This is an urgent matter as I need toresolve this
before the end of the secon week in August 2008.
Thank you in advance.

You could use worksheet protection + cell locking.

By default, all cells are locked but this has no effect unless the
worksheet is protected.

To accomplish what you want, select each of the cells in which input is
needed, and uncheck the Locked property on the format | cell |
protection dialog.

After unlocking all the cells needed, protect the worksheet on the tools
| protection | worksheet dialog.

Now, the tab key will cycle through the unlocked cells only.