Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Tushar Mehta Tushar Mehta is offline

Default using polynomial trendline equations

You may want to check
Trendline Coefficients and Regression Analysis
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/publish_...nalysis/16.htm

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 11:49:32 -0700, john s
wrote:

I am using trendline feature in charting to develop a third order
polynomial
equation. The fit is good and I want to use the displayed equation to
calculate nondata point values.
I cannot get the equation to generate points within the original data
set.
Is there a conversion factor I need to use or is there a way to output
the
trendline equation differently? The trendline coefficients don't seem
correspond to the data set even though the graph and r-value look
good.

Regards,

Tushar Mehta
Microsoft MVP Excel 2000-2008
www.tushar-mehta.com
Tutorials and add-ins for Excel, PowerPoint, and other products