Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
daddylonglegs daddylonglegs is offline

Default Need help creating formula for given data

With total price in A2 and number of shares in B2

=IF(A2="","",7+(A2*5%7)*MAX(0,B2-1000)*0.005)

"Need Assistance! Please Help!" wrote:

I have develped a spreadsheet to assist me in my stock trading. I have one
column that I need to set up to calculate the commission rate. It took me a
couple of years to get the basic calculations information figured out back in
1998 and it has helped me a great deal when used on all my accounts. But, I
still lack the expertise in some calculation functions. I would greatly
appreciate anyones assistance. Given information follows:

Commision rate is equal to $7.00. If though by multiplying 5% of the total
price, that figure exceeds the $7.00 standard rate, then additional
commission is $0.005 per share that exceeds 1000 shares.