Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Second to last entry

Biff,

Thanks for the correction. Having done it that way once; and the fact it
works, I simply never noticed the error, and because this is a common
question i've posted the same over elaborate answer several times. Now you
point it out of course it's blindingly obvious.

Mike

"T. Valko" wrote:

Why the repeat:

(D7:X70)*(D7:X70)

I've seen you do this before and thought it was just a typo. I've been known
to accidentally repeat repeat stuff!

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Mike H" wrote in message
Try

=INDEX(7:7,LARGE(IF((D7:X70)*(D7:X70),COLUMN(D7: X7)),2))

Which is an array so commit with Ctrl+Shift+Enter NOT just enter

Mike

"Anto111" wrote:

Hi guys,

I need to return the second to last value (providing it is greater than
zero) from a data range. I already have a formula to return the value in
the
last cell, this being:

=IFERROR(LOOKUP(2,1/($D7:$X70),$D7:$X7),"-")

I may be missing an obvious way to manipulate the above formula but would
appreciate any help.

Many thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

Ant