Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_987_] Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_987_] is offline

Default Need help with formulas

Give this a try... assuming your data starts in Row 2, put this on Row 2 in
whatever column you want your total points in...

=IF(A2="Yes",2,0)+IF(B2=0,0,IF(B2<=2,2,IF(B2<=5,4, 6)))

and copy it down as far as necessary.

Rick

"Rita" wrote in message
o (Zero) = 0
1-2 = 2
3-5 = 4
6+ = 6

Yes there is another column that we want to have the sum of those columns
in
each row.

Thanks
--
Rita

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote:

I think if you tell use what all the point values are for your Column 2
answers, that might be helpful.

Also, is the final answer you are looking for the sum of Column 1 and
Column
2 on a row per row basis?

Rick

"Rita" wrote in message
i am using Excel 2007 and XP. I really need some help with formulas to
do
the
following:

column 1: Has yes or no and we want to apply 2 points if yes and 0 if
no.
column 2: Has 4 possible answers, 0 (zero), 1-2, 3-5 or 6 plus which
each
are assigned a point value, such as 1-2 is 2 points. We need a formula
put
in the appropriate points.

I hope I explained this clearly. Any help is really appreciated. Thanks
so
much
--
Rita