Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_986_] Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_986_] is offline

Default Need help with formulas

I think if you tell use what all the point values are for your Column 2
answers, that might be helpful.

Also, is the final answer you are looking for the sum of Column 1 and Column
2 on a row per row basis?

Rick

"Rita" wrote in message
i am using Excel 2007 and XP. I really need some help with formulas to do
the
following:

column 1: Has yes or no and we want to apply 2 points if yes and 0 if no.
column 2: Has 4 possible answers, 0 (zero), 1-2, 3-5 or 6 plus which each
are assigned a point value, such as 1-2 is 2 points. We need a formula to
put
in the appropriate points.

I hope I explained this clearly. Any help is really appreciated. Thanks so
much
--
Rita