Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
John C[_2_] John C[_2_] is offline

Default Matching Rows

Without moving them manually, and without a macro, you could do the
following, assuming your data starts in row 3
G3: =IF(COUNTIF($D$3:$D$100,A3)=1,A3,"")
H3: =IF(G3="","",VLOOKUP(G3,$D$3:$F$100,2,FALSE))
I3: =IF(G3="","",VLOOKUP(G3,$D$3:$F$100,3,FALSE))

Then you have a choice of hiding columns D-E if you still want it there, or
if this was a 1 time conversion, highlight your data in columns G through I,
copy--paste special--value. Then delete columns D-E. (Note: If you do this,
cells that reference values in D through E will error).
--
John C

"Blissfully Ignorant" wrote:

I have 6 columns of info. The rows in the first three columns are grouped
together and lead off with Column A being ITEM ID #s. The next 3 columns are
grouped together with different info except for the lead off column D being
ITEM ID #s also. Column D has half of the number of rows than cloumn A. I
would like to know how to make columns D,E and F line up in the same row as
columns A, B and C when columns A and D have matching ID #s.

Thank You For Your Help