Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
John C[_2_] John C[_2_] is offline

Default Countifs with same reference?

Whatever. You interpret what you want. I was responding to the questions and
followup as stated. Perhaps you don't contextualize a response, but I do. I
shall not respond to your critiques any further, I have no use for them, or
for you.
--
John C

"Harlan Grove" wrote:

John C <johnc@stateofdenial wrote...
I wasn't trying to correct his data set. I was testing to find out if that
was causing an error. Then he could go from there. Approach to find out if
the 25 or 40 that might be displayed is ACTUALLY 25 or 40 is just fine and
dandy.

The problem is that your first response was, to be generous,
incomplete.

Let's recap: 'If there are any values that are 25 or 40, perhaps you
should use INT(25) and
INT(40), just to ensure there is no rounding issues?'

How would you expect someone else to interpret that? What would these
values be? The values of cells in the OP's H:H range as used in the
OP's original formula? If so, I'll repeat the line of questioning I
undertook last week: how would the OP use INT in his/her COUNTIFS
formula?

If you meant that the OP should use formulas in other cells to check
that the numbers displayed in column H were whole numbers/integers,
you've now wasted 4 responses not making that clear.

You may know what you mean, but you've done a pretty poor job of
communicating it.