Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default drag across multiple data sets

What Spiky means is instead of cell 1 or cells 1-4 refer to them by their
address.

i.e. A1 or A1:A4

Cells 4-8 or cells 2-5 is meaningless

Every column or row in a sheet has cells 4-8

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 12:12:02 -0700, Giddy
wrote:

Hi Spiky
This isnt how I have written the formulas, this is how I have tried to
describe what I need it to do, I need a formula from cells 1-4 in cell 1
sheet 1, but when i drag I want a formula from cells 4-8 in cell 2 sheet 1,
rather than from cells 2-5 as it does automatically. I have looked on HELP
but I am not familiar with the jargon required to get the correct answer, but
I will try looking up OFFSET as you have suggested.

Thanks Giddy

"Spiky" wrote:

Why don't you give actual cell references, that will help. Instead of
saying:
Cell 1 sheet 1 = Sheet 2 Cells 1 - 4

Say:
Sheet1!A1 = Sheet2!A1:A4

Or whatever the actual cells should be. It will be easier for someone
to help you. OFFSET formulas are probably the solution for this task.