Jon Peltier

Wouldn't it be quicker to just copy and paste than to struggle with a macro?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

uriel78 wrote:
Thank you for your answer,
I just meant what you think, it would be very useful for me do that thing
Maybe I could define a macro to copy and paste th 16 pairs of columns in
another sheet...and then chart them...uhm...I'll think on it...

"Jon Peltier" ha scritto nel messaggio

I sense that you're trying to shortcut the process of defining 16 series
in the chart. I can think of ways to do this in code, but I think the
easiest thing to do is create 16 pairs of columns with the data, make a
chart with the first pair of columns, then in turn copy each of the
other 15 and use paste special to add each to the chart as a new series.

The data validation approach is good if you want to give the user a
chance to see how their choice of parameters will affect the charted

values.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

uriel78 wrote:

Just a little variation over the theme of the 3ad of last week:

I've got a *scatter* chart that takes values from cells A1:B100

In C1 and in D1 I've got two combobox (created with data validation

method),

each one allows me to choose 4 different parameters. By changing these
values, the values in A1:B100 and the chart change too.

Is there a way to insert *new series on the same chart* every time I

change

parameter in C1
and D1, so that I can avoid to do the copy & paste single series

manually?

Thanks in advance, any help would be appreciated :-)