Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Teethless mama Teethless mama is offline

Default Countif numbers fall between two values

=SUM(COUNTIF(A:A,{"0.5","=0.85"})*{1,-1})

=SUM(COUNTIF(A:A,{"0.85","=1"})*{1,-1})

"Chris" wrote:

Hi,

Looking for a formula that will allow me to count how many numbers in a
range fall between larger than 50% and smaller than 85% as well as larger
than 85% and less than 100%.

Currrently I am using a countif(range,<.5) and countif(range.5) but if I
want to expand my criteria to count how many are 85 and 100, the values for
100 are in with the values from 85 and subtracting them gives me a negative

number.

Any ideas?