Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Excel - printing specific areas

Gabriella

You should be able to do that using Auto-Filter.
Select the top left cell of your data table then
Data|Filter|Autofilter
A set of down arrows should appear.

Click the one on the column for (say) City and select your city and the data
will be filtered to only show that city and if you print all you will get is
what you see on the screen.

You can add additional filters to other columns to make you report more
specific.

Mike

"Gabriella" wrote:

Hi, my name's Gabriella.

I've been working with Microsoft Excel to build a customer database. Each
column is something else - address, city, zip code, phone number, job done,
date the job was completed and name. I didn't put any formulas in, nor did I
mess with anything that I don't know about within Excel - namely everything.

This is where my question comes in. Say I want to print a list of people
who've had jobs done in a specific city, or in a specific year. Is there a
way to print that without having to go through the whole file and picking
them out with ctrl+click? Is there some kind of formula, etc.?

I know close to nothing about Excel's special features, so any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :)

-Gabriella