Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
DCE DCE is offline

Default change formula in a shared worksheet without losing change history

Hi Rick,
Thank you for calling my attention for the lack of details with my question.

My question is:
I posted a shared worksheet in a shared drive that others could update with
their changes and corrections. However, getting back to the shared worksheet,
I realized I had to change an array formula in one of the tabs. When I tried
to change the formula, I receive a message saying that it is one of the
things that I am not allowed to do without losing the change history (
records of people's ID, time & date they went to the file and the changes
they made). One way I thought of doing is to save the old file in a place
others do not have access to, & re-create the file with a new file name.
That will allow me now to change my formulas. However, I will lose the change
history in the new file and I do not want that. I know that all the changes
are there but I want to be able to see the change history just in the one new
file without having to bring out the previous file. I hope this clears my
dilemma. Thank you Rick for your suggestion.